Proximity cards, also known as "prox cards" or "proxy cards," provide access and security without requiring insertion into a reader. They are a type of RFID card that contains an antenna and an ID chip embedded within the card. These cards interact with a proximity card reader to grant access or capture information.
This contactless approach makes these cards an excellent solution for many security and access applications, including parking lot access control, restricting access to secure areas and general building access. Because the cards do not need to be inserted or swiped, they are unaffected by snow, ice or rain, making them more reliable than magnetic stripe cards and perfect for outdoor use.
IDentiPROX: Proximity cards for less
IDentiPROX is our own brand of prox cards. IDentiPROX offers similar quality and the same access formats as many name-brand prox cards, meaning IDentiPROX can replace those more expensive prox cards. IDentiPROX are available in PVC or composite and can be customized using a PVC printer.
- Cards are sold in the industry standard credit card size (2-1/8″ x 3-3/8″).
- Professionally designed cards can be created using our Premium Badging Service, or print your own cards on-site.
- Optional features include a magnetic stripe, additional bit formats and IDentiGUARD foil stamping for protection against counterfeiting.
JetPROX proximity cards: Inkjet-printable convenience
JetPROX proximity cards from IDenticard are the world’s first inkjet-printable proximity cards. They allow users to create customized prox cards with a standard Link for a lower initial cost.
- Cards are sold in three sizes: credit card (2-1/8″ x 3-3/8″), data collection (2-5/16″ x 3-1/4″) and government ID (2-5/8″ x 3-7/8″).
- JetPROX are made from synthetic paper, making them stronger and more durable than standard PVC cards.
- Customers may choose to add features from IDenticard’s full suite of security options, including IDentiGUARD holographic stamping, UV printing and MicroText.
HID® proximity cards and accessories
HID® is the leading manufacturer of access control cards. A number of HID® proximity products are available for sale through IDenticard, including printable and non-printable HID® prox cards, prox accessories and prox cards that are compatible with AWID and Indala card readers.
- Made of PVC, HID® prox cards are sold in credit card size (3-3/8″ x 2-1/8″).
- Cards are available with the Corporate 1000 security feature, which uses a 35-bit format designed specifically for each company’s needs.
- IDenticard also offers HID® proximity wafers and fobs for further access needs.
Compare proximity card solutions
|Dimensions (inches)||3-3/8" x 2-1/8"||3-3/8" x 2-1/8"
2-5/16" x 3-1/4"
2-5/8" x 3-7/8"
|3-3/8" x 2-1/8"|
|Material||PVC or composite||Synthetic paper||PVC or composite|
|Magnetic stripe available?|
|Required printer for customization||PVC printer||Inkjet printer||PVC printer|