The Fargo® DTC5500LMX is a high-end ID card printer from HID®. Designed to be fast, efficient and easy to use, the DTC5500LMX is the perfect ID card printer for colleges, government offices and other large-scale badging programs.
The DTC5500LMX uses direct-to-card resin thermal transfer printing to create images and text of the highest quality on CR80/credit card-sized (2.13” x 3.38”) ID cards. With a print resolution of 300 dpi, your logos and employee photos will truly stand out.
Dual-sided lamination is standard on each model of the DTC5500LMX. You can achieve one or two-material lamination. One-material lamination coats the front and back of your card in the same material, while two-material lamination enables you to use different laminates for the front and back. Two-material lamination is ideal for those who want to use a holographic foil laminate on the front of their cards but a plain material on the back.
Choose the encoder option that's right for you between Magnetic Stripe, Advanced Encoding (5127), and Advanced Encoding (5121/5125).
- Choose the Omnikey CardMan® 5127 option to encode iCLASS SE, iCLASS, MIFARE Classic® 1K, MIFARE DESFire® and HID® proximity cards.
- Choose Omnikey CardMan® 5121/5125 option to encode HID® proximity cards, iCLASS cards, MIFARE Classic® 1K cards and MIFARE DESFire® cards
The DTC5500LMX is environmentally friendly, featuring waste-free laminate rolls and an energy-efficient design. The printer also features an Ethernet port and an internal print server, enabling the it to be used on a network for large print jobs.
Choose a PDC IDenticard ValueCare or PlusCare Warranty and Service Plan to protect your investment.
Every model of the Fargo DTC5500LMX offers the following features:
- 300 dpi print resolution
- Standard dual-sided lamination
- Print speeds of up to 16 (full-color, single-sided card) and 24 (full-color front, black back, dual-sided card) seconds per card
- Edge-to-edge printing on CR80 (credit card-sized, 2.13” x 3.38”) cards
- Compatibility with Windows® 7, 8 and 10
- Three-year manufacturer's warranty on both the printer and the printhead