Composite durability mixes with increased bar code security
Bar codes are a great feature to add to an ID card. Having a bar code on an ID credential can add a number of features, taking what was a plain ID card and turning it into a credential that can be scanned for access, payments, attendance and more.
The best part? Because they don't contain internal technology, bar code ID cards are much cheaper than their technology-laden smart or proximity card counterparts.
However, bar code cards can also be vulnerable to counterfeiting: if a thief gets ahold of a bar code card, he or she can simply use a copy machine to make an exact duplicate of the bar code and use it as he or she pleases.
The carbonless black bar on this ID credential eliminates that problem!
This security feature helps prevent bar codes from being duplicated while keeping the bar code "scannable" by an infrared bar code reader. To a copy machine, it looks like a solid black bar; to an infrared bar code scanner, the bar code is clearly visible.
These composite ID cards are made of a 60% PVC/40% polyester material. They can be customized using a standard PVC ID card printer.
- These cards are CR80/credit card-sized cards, measuring 2.13" x 3.38".
- The carbonless black bar measures 0.63" x 3.13", leaving you with plenty of print space.
- Composite cards are more durable and more resistant to heat than PVC cards, making these perfect for heavy lamination.
- Composite cards also stand up to extreme temperatures better than PVC — perfect for outdoor use.
- Cards ship in shrink-wrapped packages of 100 cards.
Not a fan of composite cards? We also offer standard PVC cards with the same carbonless black bar (SKU C60-VINYLKBAR).