HID® has raised the bar again with its latest high-definition printer, the Fargo® HDP5600. With a print resolution of 300 dpi and a wealth of optional features, the HDP5600 is perfect for printing and encoding student ID cards, government credentials, corporate ID badges, employee badges and more.
The HDP5600 is a reverse transfer printer. This means that your imagery and text is first printed onto a thin layer of film, which is then fused to the surface of your card.
Why does this matter? This process means the printhead never actually touches the surface of your card, relieving some strain on this important part of your machine.
This model of the Fargo HDP5600 is a single-sided, single-laminate base model. Standard features include:
- 300 dpi print resolution, capable of printing nearly 17 million unique colors
- Over-the-edge printing on CR-80/credit card-sized (2.13" x 3.38") cards — no more white border around the edge of your card!
- 100-card input hopper, 200-card output hopper
- Print speeds of up to 150 color cards per hour
- Three-year warranty from HID®, including a year of loaner support
Like other Fargo models, the HDP5600 is a modular, scalable solution: it grows as your needs grow. For example, this model is single-sided with single-sided lamination. If you decide that you need dual-sided printing in the future, simply purchase the appropriate add-on module. You don’t need a whole new printer!
We also offer a number of additional versions of this model of the Fargo HDP5600:
- FAR-093221 This model offers a magnetic stripe encoder, perfect for programming compatible cards for use opening doors, making payments and more.
- FAR-093222 An Omnikey CardMan 5121 encoder allows this model to print and encode smart cards for a variety of different uses.
- FAR-093223 Perfect for organizations looking to print access cards, this model includes an Omnikey CardMan 5125, which programs proximity cards.
- FAR-093224 This model is able to program both magnetic stripe and smart cards, thanks to the included Omnikey CardMan 5121 encoder.
- FAR-093225 Print and program custom proximity and magnetic stripe cards with this model, which includes a Omnikey CardMan 5125 encoder.
- FAR-093226 An Omnikey CardMan 5127 encoder lets this model program proximity and smart cards.
- FAR-093227 This model can program whatever kind of card you need it to, thanks to the included Omnikey CardMan 5127 encoder. Program smart cards, proximity cards and magnetic stripe cards, all on one machine!
We offer a number printer ribbons, cleaning kits and other supplies for the Fargo HDP5600. Our Printer Supply Finder will help you find the supplies you need to keep your badging program running.