If you’re looking to start an ID badging program from scratch, this is the perfect product for you! This ID card printer kit features all of the essentials required to start designing and printing quality ID badges — just add a computer!
The centerpiece of this kit is the Fargo® HDP5600, one of Fargo's new, top-of-the-line card printers. This high-definition printer will print your images and text in a resolution of 300 dpi for clear, crisp results.
The HDP5600 is a scalable printer, able to grow as your printing needs grow. This model of the HDP5600 is a standard, single-sided base model, enabling you to create single-sided employee badges, government credentials, school ID cards and more.
However, if you decide in a few months that you’d like to create dual-sided cards, you don’t need to buy a whole new printer. Simply buy the dual-sided printing add-on module! It’s that easy.
This printer uses reverse transfer printing technology, which means your imagery and text is printed onto a film, which is then fused directly to the card. Because of this, the printer’s printhead doesn’t actually touch the card itself, cutting down on the risk of damage to this valuable part.
The HDP5600 comes loaded with a number of standard features:
- 300 dpi printing and up to 16.7 million unique colors ensure that your cards will really stand out.
- Print up to 150 single-sided, color cards per hour.
- A 100-card input hopper and 200-card output hopper allow you to “set it and forget it.”
- Over-the-edge printing on standard CR80/credit card-sized (2.13” x 3.38”) cards means no white border around your edges, lending a more professional look.
- The printer is covered by a three-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Like a cheesy infomercial, “but wait — there’s more!” This isn’t just a printer, after all. It’s a whole kit! Other components include:
- AsureID® Express is a suite of photo ID software from HID®. AsureID offers an easy-to-use interface, detailed reporting and is able to work with magnetic stripes and barcodes for a powerful card solution.
- A USB digital webcam can be connected to your computer to quickly and easily snap high-quality user photos for the new ID badges you’ll be printing.
- A YMCK printer ribbon and a roll of HDP film will have you badging in no time. Use this full-color ribbon to print professional, single-sided ID cards, and coat the cards in the HDP film, which acts as a sort of “laminate lite,” protecting your card from damage.
- You’ll be able to create hundreds of cards right off the bat thanks to the 500 UltraCard premium PVC cards included in this kit.
- Get your tech stuff taken care of with the included USB printer cable and 1-year AsureID technical support contract.
As you can see, this kit has it all: a printer, photo ID software, cardstock, supplies and even tech support!
All that’s left is clicking “Add to Cart” and starting to issue professional employee badges to your staff.